- shock jock
: a radio personality noted for provocative or inflammatory commentary
* * *a radio disc jockey who features offensive or controversial material.[1985-90, Amer.]
* * *shock jock noun (informal)A radio disc jockey who is intentionally outspoken or offensive• • •Main Entry: ↑shock
* * *someone who broadcasts a radio programme in which they deliberately say shocking or offensive thingsThesaurus: people who work in television and radiohyponym well-known television and radio programmes and charactershyponym
* * *shock jock «shok jok», noun. Informal.A radio host who stirs excitement with crude or controversial talk: »
"an era when blue-collar jokes and biting ethnic humor are as close as shock-jock radio" (Wall Street Journal).
* * *n. a disc jockey on a talk-radio show who expresses opinions in a deliberately offensive or provocative way
* * *noun, pl ⋯ jocks [count]chiefly US : a person who talks on the radio and says things that are offensive to many people : a radio disc jockey who says shocking things
* * *a ↑disc jockey on a radio show who deliberately expresses opinions or uses language that many people find offensive
Useful english dictionary. 2012.